Let’s face it, behind the fun and social interactions at a corporate event, planning it is not easy. There are a lot of things to keep in mind to ensure every part of the event will be a success.
A Checklist for corporate event planning
You can’t just simply wing the event and hope it goes well. Planning requires time, effort, and a complete checklist.
So if you’re corporate event planning and don’t know where to start, don’t worry. We have a checklist for corporate event planning created. First things first…
We may be biased, but we’re going to go with the Inn at New Hyde Park. Why? Because it has everything you need, like:
- Ambiance (Choose a space that fits the theme of the event and sets the mood for your guests. The Inn at New Hyde Park has many ballrooms to choose from.)
- Inclusive (Be sure there are enough tables, chairs, projection screens, podiums, etc. to execute the goal of your corporate event.
- Cost (There are a variety of options to choose from as you plan an event, so be sure to price a few to see which one is a fit.)
- Availability (Come to the table with a timeframe to hold the space for the event.)
Now that you know where and when your corporate event will take place, it’s time to decide what you’ll do! Activities should include a timeline for each activity.
Some example of ordered activities popular at corporate events are:
- Introduction icebreakers (Click here to read our favorite five.)
- Guest speaker lecture
- Intermission or lunch
- Product launch presentation
- Closing statement
- After-event party
Many people love hearing and learning from a guest speaker, so consider booking one. Be sure to keep the following in mind:
- Will the guest speaker fit the theme of our company’s event?
- How knowledgeable is this person in your niche?
- Where is this person traveling from?
- Will the speaker need special equipment such as a teleprompter or slide projector?
Depending on the size or attention your corporate event may bring, you may need sponsors. Sponsors don’t only provide funding, but they may also provide services or products as well.
It is important that you get this right. Luckily, catering is always a hit here because we have so many options and fun upgrades to make any event really unique and stand out. Plus, it’s so convenient to have everything handled by one team under one roof. Be sure to ask:
- What kind of appetizers, dinner, and desserts will be served?
- Will alcohol be served? If so, what does the beverage package look like?
When you’re ready to plan your corporate event, give us a call at (516) 354.7797.