Trend 1- Deep Plunge Necklines
Modesty is not in for 2017. We’re seeing many designers debuting bridal looks with deep plunging necklines. It’s not quite Jennifer Lopez at the Grammies, but it’s not your mama’s wedding style. There may be some push-back from mom, but this trend is here to stay. The deep plunge is very elegant with designers like Naeem Kahn and Reem Acra at the forefront of this 2017 bridal trend.
Best Fit: The Unbashful Bride
- A – Sachi & Babi Noir, Spring 2017
- B – Lela Rose, Spring 2017
- C – Naeem Khan, Spring 2017
- D – Ines di Santo, Spring 2017
- E – Anne Barge, Spring 2017
- F – Isabelle Armstrong, Spring 2017
- G – Watters Brides, Spring 2017
Trend 2- A Very Coachella Bride
Coachella fashion meets weddings in this bridal fashion trend. That carefree Bohemian look that you see stars like Vanessa Hudgens wearing for the popular art and music festival has finally made its’ way to Spring weddings. We always see lots of lace in bridal, but this time it has that whimsical and breezy boho vibe. Both formal and relaxed, it’s the perfect fashion forward trend.
Best Fit- The Boho or Creative Bride
- A – Watters Brides, Spring 2017
- B – Claire Pettibone Romantique, Spring 2017
- C – Jenny Packham, Spring 2017
- D – Marchesa, Spring 2017
- E – Oscar De La Renta, Spring 2017
- F – Willowby Brides, Spring 2017
- G – Pallas Couture, Spring 2017
Trend 3- Removable Elements
Ever see a bride fussing with a long train and bustle coming undone? How about those long bows? These elements add beauty to your dress, but they’re not practical at all for a bride that wants to dance at her wedding. Luckily designers have introduced beautiful wedding dresses with removable elements, from trains to bows and even detachable skirts. They’re not only practical, but also give you two different looks for your wedding!
Best Fit- The Practical Bride
- A – Marchesa, Spring 2017
- B – Sachin & Babi Noir, Spring 2017
- C – Romona Keveza, Spring 2017
- D – Sachin & Bobi Noir, Spring 2017
- E – Reem Acra, Spring 2017
Trend 4- Capes aren’t Just for Superheroes
You’re probably thinking… “Capes?” Well once you see some of these gowns you’ll know why. Some are beautifully decorative lace that’s built into the dress like with the Marchesa 2017 gown. Some act as a delicate and sheer cloak and train as with the Naeem Khan look. These weddings designers are making capes cool again!
Best Fit- The Vintage Loving Bride
- A – Lela Rose, Spring 2017
- B – Elizabeth Filmore, Spring 2017
- C – Monique Lhuillier, Spring 2017
- D – Romona Keveza, Spring 2017
- E – Mira Zwillinger, Spring 2017
- F – Reem Acra, Spring 2017
- G – Naeem Kham, Spring 2017
- H – Marchesa, Spring 2017
Trend 5- Lingerie Inspired Looks
The look started a few years ago, but peaks this year with more dresses than ever with a lingerie look. Let’s face it, lingerie can be so beautiful, that you can hate to cover it. Well this trend brings the beauty of lingerie is brought to bridal fashion in an elegant and tasteful way. We’re seeing bustier inspired bodices, delicate floral lace, and dresses that are designed like luxurious slips. The lace and overall breezy look these dresses have are the perfect pick for early Spring and late Summer. This is one trend that is sure to stay!
Best Fit- The Vintage or Confident Bride
- A – Sabrina Dahan, Spring 2017
- B – Elizabeth Filmore, Spring 2017
- C – Carolina Herrera, Spring 2017
- D – Oscar De La Renta, Spring 2017
- E – Naeem Khan, Spring 2017
- F – Rivini by Rita Vinieris, Spring 2017
Where to Find, or Buy
Lotus Bridal located in both Brooklyn and Mineola have an excellent selection of upscale bridal fashion. Both locations carry different gowns and designers so we recommend calling ahead to see if you can try on a specific designer or style and which location would be best for you. Call 718-332-4385 to book an appointment at the Brooklyn location and 516-248-2888 to book in Mineola.
1822 Avenue U Brooklyn, NY 11229 718 – 332 – 4385 contactBK@lotusbridal.com
141 East Jericho Turnpike Mineola, NY 11501 516 – 248 – 2888 contactLI@lotusbridal.com
Completing the Look
Complete your look with a custom head piece or veil with Christie Lauren Headpiece and Veils.